MetaTrader 4 is world’s preferred Forex trading platform. According to our estimates more than 70% of all brokers offer this platform, while more than 90% of the total retail Forex volume is executed through it, because all large brokers offer MetaTrader 4.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is the latest version of the popular platform. MetaTrader 4 is highly successful because it offers an easy to use user interface, various charts and indicators and most importantly the MQL language which allows to easily both program indicators and also program what is known as Expert Advisors (EAs) – automated trading strategies which trade the Forex market 24/7 without any user intervention. EAs are considered the main growth engine behind MT4’s success and retail Forex’s market growth in volumes.
Unfortunately MT4 wasn’t designed to be used by ECN brokers and until now it wasn’t possible to connect it to the interbank market (ECN bridge). After several years and millions of dollars invested in development, FXOpen was the first broker ever to introduce a true MT4 ECN trading platform. Coupled with PAMM accounts and 10,000 USD (0.1 lot) minimal volume execution it is truly the world’s leading MT4 ECN platform. By being connected to the largest retail Forex liquidity pool available with dozens of leading banks and liquidity providers offering their Bids and Asks FXOpen’s MT4 ECN is creating a highly liquid and competitive marketplace like no other.
||FXOpen ECN Marketplace
||FXOpen Market Maker
||When an order is sent to the ECN there is no Account data passed long.
||ECN matches your orders with other clients, banks and any other ECN participants.
||ECNs do not have re-quotes, a market order will receive the best price available.
|Depth of Market Display
||ECNs allow the client to view the market depth.
|Pending Order Limitations
||ECNs allow limit orders to be placed within the spread limitations that Market Maker does not allow. (This comprises the market depth)
|Trading Economic Releases
||Dependent on Participants
||Although you may receive re-quotes during economic data when FXOpen is acting as the Market Maker, ECN relies on its participants to fill its book, illiquidity can occur during releases.
|Volume Available at Requested Price
||Dependent on Participants
||ECNs will have various available volume, at different prices, in its market depth; As a Market Maker, FXOpen, will almost always fill orders at requested prices contingent that he market is still trading at that price.
Now you can test this revolutionary trading platform just by opening an MT4 ECN Demo Account with FXOpen:
Your FXOpen MT4 ECN Demo account is successfully opened!
Welcome to the world of true ECN with a direct access to the Forex interbank market where you can trade with other traders and your orders are actually displayed in the market and are seen by others who in turn can introduce their own orders if these prices meet a deal is complete.
ECN is the next step in Forex trading bringing the Forex market closer to the stock market model and we believe that this is without any doubt a route which all brokers will take one day.
Right now, FXOpen is the first broker who successfully brought you the ECN trading model in the familiar and preferred Metatrader (MT4) interface.
You can also test our standard MT4 trading platform by opening an MT4 Demo Account with FXOpen:
- Download FXOpen MT4 Trading Terminal
- Go to Open a Demo Account, select the MT4 account type and fill out the form.
- Start the FXOpen MT4 Trading Terminal on your PC
- Go to File/Login and enter your demo account details: account number, trader's password and select the FXOpen-Demo server
Your FXOpen MT4 Demo account is successfully opened!
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal is the client part of online trading platform MetaTrader 4.
Client terminal MetaTrader 4 key features:
The program has a simple and user friendly interface that allows traders to monitor their transactions and their account as well as perform technical analysis and develop trading strategies of their own. It is the best solution for trading in Forex, CFD and Futures markets.
- working with securities of Forex, Futures and CFD markets;
- various execution technologies: Instant Execution, Request Execution, Market Execution;
- confidentiality of all trading operations;
- unlimited charts quantity;
- support of various timeframes (from minutes up to months);
- large number of technical indicators and line studies;
- experts, Custom Indicators and Scripts;
- multi-language program interface including ARABIC;
- real time data export via DDE protocol;
- signals of system and trading actions;
- getting on-line news from financial markets;
- internal e-mail system;
- printing charts and completed trading transactions statements.
STAGE 1. Account opening
Please, take these steps to open a trading account:
1. Click Open a Live account! on the FXOpen Homepage.
2. Choose the account type depending on the type of owner.
3. Fill in the Account Opening Form and click Next.
Note! If you have chosen Joint or Corporate account type, you must provide information about the Secondary participant for a Joint account or information about your Company for a Corporate account.
4. Provide information about your trading experience and click Next.
5. Provide information about your financial status and click Next.
6. Make sure you have entered all details correctly, select the confirmation check box and click Complete the Process. If you’ve found an error click Edit button to correct the information.
7. To create a new trading account together with opening your eWallet, select the check box Open a Real Trading Account, then click Complete the process.
8. To open a trading account, choose account type (Standard, ECN or Micro) and click Next.
9. Make sure you read and accept the documents attached to the form. Then click I Agree.
10. Choose the currency of your trading account (for now only USD is available), select leverage and make up a phone password. Then click Next.
If you complete the process successfully, you will see your registration data.
Note! Please record the PIN Code in a safe place. It will be shown ONLY ONCE! The PIN Code is required to confirm fund withdrawals and transfers between your eWallet and trading accounts. Your e-mail address and the MyFXopen password are used to login to My FXOpen. The account number and the trader password are used to login to your account in the trading terminal MetaTrader 4. An account opening email with the details of your account will be sent to your email address.
After opening your real trading account through our secure site, you may make a deposit to start trading immediately, but you must verify your account to be able to request withdrawals from your account.
See Verification Procedure.
STAGE 2. Downloading and installation of the MetaTrader4 trading terminal opening
1. Click the Download Trading Terminal button to start downloading process.
2. Save setup file in the preferred folder.
3. Click Run button to start application after downloading, click Save button to save setup file without immediate start.
4. Choose the folder to save setup file and click Save.
Wait till the download is complete.
5. Choose your preferred installation language.
6. Read the recommendations and click Next to continue.
7. Read the license agreement, select the agreement check box and click Next.
8. Select the destination folder where you want to install Meta Trader 4.00.
To install to a different location, click Browse and select another folder.
9. Select program group and click Next.
10. Click Next to continue installation process or click Back to re-enter the installation information.
Wait till the installation is complete.
11. Select the check box Launch MetaTrader-FXOpen and click Finish — MetaTrader4 FXOpen terminal will be launched.
If you are running MetaTrader 4
for the 1st time, please do the following:
- close the demo account opening form;
- open File menu, choose Login;
- enter your real trading account number, the Trader's Password, and the recommended server for in the login box and click Login.